Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX
The Office of Institutional Equity & Title IX strives to create a campus environment where all members of our community can safely and effectively access education and employment through prevention, policy administration, and resources and resolution options.
A supportive, inclusive, and accountable community where all students, employees, and visitors can access their educational purpose and employment pursuits at Mines free from discrimination, harassment, violence, and retaliation.
Federal and Colorado State Protected Classes
Race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression), marital status, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, and veteran status or military service.
Submit a Report
Policies & Procedures
Programming & Education
Meet the Team
Scope of the Office
The Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX provides a process to report complaints of bias¹, discrimination², harassment³, violence4 and campus climate concerns5, as well as resources and resolution options.
1. Bias incidents are conduct, speech, images or expressions motivated, in whole or in part, by conscious or unconscious prejudice which targets, degrades, marginalizes, intimidates, demeans, mocks or threatens individuals or groups based on a Protected Class.
2. Discrimination is unequal treatment based on a Protected Class.
3. Harassment is unwelcome conduct that is based on a Protected Class.
4. Hate Crime is a criminal offense committed against a person or property which is motivated, in whole or in part, by the offenders’ bias.
5. Campus Climate Concern is institutionalized conduct, speech, image or expression motivated, in whole or in part, by conscious or unconscious prejudice which targets, degrades, marginalizes, intimidates, demeans, mocks or threatens individuals or groups based on a Protected Class.
Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681, and 34 CFR Part 106, Mines does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its education programs or activities, including admissions and employment. All inquiries about the application of Title IX or Part 106 may be directed to Mines Title IX Coordinator or the Assistant Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education, or both:
Mines Interim Title IX Coordinator is Natalie Vega
Office: Institutional Equity & Title IX House, 1706 Illinois Street
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org